Dyfed FHS have photographs and data relating to various churches and chapels on their site
Parish registers: Christenings (1701-1882), Marriages (1701-1970), Banns (1755-1885) and Burials (1701-1876) are at the Carmarthenshire Record Office.
Bishops' Transcripts, covering the period (1673, 1677-9, 1684, 1690-1, 1693-5, 1703, 1707-8, 1711, 1713, 1716-18, 1720-7, 1729-68, 1780-2, 1784-94, 1796-1800, 1802-4, 1806-48, 1850-80, 1882, 1887-1900, 1902) are at the National Library of Wales, and have been microfilmed by the LDS.
Marriage index for this parish - see Dyfed Marriages, 1813-1837, Vol. 20 - Cayo Hundred (Dyfed Family History Society, c1989)
See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
- Bwlchyrhiw (Baptist, c1650), Bwlchyrhiw Register (1751-1857) NLW Mss 610, LDS 829076/4 and 829066/4, plus typescript copy with adds to 1875 NLW Mss 10875, LDS 929076/4; plus account books NLW On Dyfed FHS
- Cwmsarnddu (Baptist, 1806), Cwmsarnddu Records with those of Bwlchrhiw (Cilrhedyn) and Aberduar (Llanybydder) On Dyfed FHS
- Sion (Baptist, 1829), near Rhandirmwyn (but in Cilycwm parish) Records with those of Bwlchrhiw (Cilrhedyn) SN76754450 Built 1829, rebuilt/modified 1881. 1998 still open Coflein On Dyfed FHS under Ystrad Ffin
- Smyrna (Baptist, 1828), Porth-y-rhyd [on border with Llanwrda parish] SN71023781 Built 1828 & rebuilt/modified 1837 & 1885 Coflein On Dyfed FHS under Llanwrda
- Siloh (Calvinistic Methodist, c1860), Pentre Siloh SN74163708 Built 1860, restored in 1909/10. 2000 still open Coflein On Dyfed FHS under Llanwrda
- Soar (Calvinistic Methodist, 1738), Cilycwm village Births and baptisms (1812-37) PRO RG4/3831, LDS 828108, IGI Tynewydd/Soar CM on Dyfed FHS Soar Cilycwm CM chapel - still open in 2006
- Chapel (Independent, 1852), Cilycwm village Accounts (1879-1902) Carmarthenshire R.O. Capel-y-groes Ind, Cilycwm (village) on Dyfed FHS Capel-y-groes Ind, Cilycwm SN75254003 Opened on 8 March 1860 Coflein See John Ball's site Welsh Churches and Chapels Collection for a photograph/data Bwlch-y-rhiw Ind chapel (no parish) shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches) 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Gareth Hicks (Oct 2008)
Cilycwm Church - photograph and basic information from Dyfed FHS