[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"BOXWORTH, a parish in the hundred of Papworth, in the county of Cambridge, 8 miles to the north-west of Cambridge, and 3 south of Swavesey railway station. Caxton is its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £459, in the patronage of G. Thornhill, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Peter, and contains a monument to Dr. Nicholas Saunderson, the blind mathematician, and professor at Cambridge University, who died here in 1759. There are some charities of small value, and a village school, supported by subscription, instituted in 1839. The soil is stiff clay, with a blue gault subsoil."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]