[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"CHEVELEY, a parish in the hundred of Cheveley, in the county of Cambridge, 3 miles south-east of Newmarket. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £704, in the patronage of the Rev. J. T. Bennet. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an ancient stone edifice. There is an endowed free school for boys. The charities amount to about £28 per annum. The Duke of Rutland is lord of the manor, and owner of Cheveley Park."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]