[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"CONINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Papworth, in the county of Cambridge, 3½ miles south of St. Ives, and 9 north west of Cambridge. The population is small and entirely engaged in agriculture. The-living is a rect* in the diocese of Ely, value £238,in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an old structure in several styles. The charities amount to £19 a year, the rent of the town lands. Here is a National school for both sexes."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]