[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"GREAT ABINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Chilford, in the county of Cambridge, 2 miles north-west of Linton. Cambridge is the post town. It is situated on the south bank of the river Granta, 6 miles from the Chesterford station of the Great Eastern railway. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, value £120, and in the patronage of T. Mortlock, Esq, whose seat is Abington Park. The church is dedicated to St. Mary, and is in the early English style.
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]