[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"HARDWICK, a parish in the hundred of Longstow, county Cambridge, 6 miles west of Cambridge railway station, and 4 east of Caxton, its post town. The parish is small, and wholly agricultural. It now contains only a small portion of common, the principal part having been enclosed in 1836. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £248. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £288, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The register dates from 1654. The Masters and Fellows of Pembroke College, Cambridge, are lords of the manor.
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]