[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"HAUXTON, a parish in the hundred of Thriplow, county Cambridge, 4 miles south-west of Cambridge, and 1 mile from Harston railway station. It is a small agricultural parish and village situated on the banks of the Cam, near the Mill Bridge. The London road and the Great Eastern railway pass through the parish. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of Newton, in the diocese of Ely, value together £164, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church, dedicated to St. Edmund, has a Norman doorway. The charities produce £1 per annum."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]