[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"KENNETT, a parish in the hundred of Staploe, county Cambridge, 4 miles north-east of Newmarket, its post town. It is situated on a branch of the river Lark, and has a station on the Cambridge section of the Great Eastern railway. It was Fairfax's headquarters in June, 1647. The land is chiefly heathy. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £194. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £116. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is an ancient stone structure, and has recently been repaired. Kennett Hall is the principal residence."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]