[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"MILTON, a parish in the hundred of Northstow, county Cambridge, 3½ miles north-east of Cambridge, its railway station and post town, and 12½ from Ely. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Ely railway and the river Cam, and is chiefly agricultural. The soil is strong, and the subsoil chiefly clay and gravel. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £500, in the patronage of King's College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is of great antiquity, and has a tower containing three bells. The interior of the church has a brass of Justice Coke bearing date 1553. The charities produce about £70 per annum. The register dates from the middle of the 17th century."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]