[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"STOW-CUM-QUY, a parish in the hundred of Staine, county Cambridge, 5 miles north-east of Cambridge, its post town. The village is situated near the ancient Fleam Dyke. An Enclosure Act was obtained in 1839, when 4 acres were appropriated for the purpose of recreation. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Ely, value £52, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The parochial charities produce about £16 per annum. There is a village school supported by voluntary contributions. The Wesleyans have a chapel. Dr. Jeremy Collier was born here in 1650, and died in 1726."
"QUY, a chapelry in the parish of Stow cum Quy, hundred of Staine, county Cambridge, 5 miles north-east of Cambridge."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]