[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"WENDY-CUM-SHINGAY is a parish near the river Rhea, about 5½ miles north from Royston station on the Hitchin, Royston and Cambridge section of the London and North Eastern railway, and 4½ from Old North Road on the Cambridge and Bletchley branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, in the hundred of Armingford, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union and county court district of Royston, rural deanery of Shingay and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely. The parish is well supplied with pure water from artesian wells. The church is dedicated to All Saints, but was previously known as St. Mary.
The chief crops are wheat, barley arid hearts. The area is 1,023 acres; the population in 1921 was 88 in the civil parish and 128 in the ecclesiastical parish.
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]