[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"WESTLEY WATERLESS, a parish in the hundred of Radfield, county Cambridge, 5 miles south-west of Newmarket, and 2 south of the Dullingham station on the Cambridge and Newmarket railway. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £326. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a school. J. Hall, Esq., M.P., is lord of the manor.
"SIX MILE BOTTOM, is a hamlet in the parishes of Little Wilbraham, Bottisham, Brinkley, Carlton cum Willingham, Swaffham Bulbeck, Westley Waterless, and Weston Colville. It has a station on the Cambridge and Bury branch of the London and North Eastern railway. There is a congregational chapel, erected in 1881, with 80 sittings, and a reading room and library. There is also a recreation ground, pleasantly situated near the railway station and enclosed by a double row of trees : a cross of rough granite was erected in 1924 as a memorial to the men of this parish who fell in the Great War, 1914-18. Swyntord Paddocks is the residence of Capt. Malcolm Bollock M.B.E., M.P.
See also Six Mile Bottom main page."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]