[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"WHADDON, a parish in the hundred of Armingford, county Cambridge, 4 miles north of Royston, and 2 west of Meldreth railway station. The surface is generally level, and the river Cam flows through part of the lands. The village is situated on the Great North road. The advowson was appropriated to the collegiate church of Windsor in 1351, having previously belonged to the priory of Lewes. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £110, in the patronage of the Dean and Canons of Windsor, who are appropriators. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. Lord Hardwick is lord of the manor."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]