"The church of St. Andrew is a building of stone in the Perpendicular and Decorated styles, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and fine embattled western tower; with pinnacles and containing a clock and 6 bells: the church was restored in 1872, under the direction of Mr. R. R. Rowe, architect, of Cambridge, and affords 400 sittings. The register dates from the year 1635. " [Kelly's Directory - 1900]
Whittlesey St Andrew: Records of baptisms 1653-91, 1813-1945, marriages 1659-95, 1815-1960, burials 1653-87, 1813-1937 and banns 1817-1919, 1931-69 (entries are with St Mary's for the years 1695-1815) reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1602-41, 1663-1700 (with St Mary's after 1700) can be found in the Cambridge University Library. Indexed transcripts exist in the Cambridgeshire Archives for baptisms 1602-43, 1653-1700, 1813-51 marriages 1602-43, 1659-1700, 1815-1851 and burials 1602-43, 1653-1700, 1813-51. The indexed transcripts of the registers are available in full transcript form, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list (search). Microfilm copies of the Bishop's Transcripts reside at the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1602-41, 1696-1700 further photocopies reside at Huntingdon Record Office for baptisms 1653-95, burials 1653-87 and marriages 1659-95.
Land Tax: records were compiled afresh each year and contain the names of owners and occupiers in each parish, but usually there is no address or place name. These records reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1935-1948.