"BLUNDESTON, a parish in the hundred of Mutford and Lothingland, in the county of Suffolk, 3 miles to the N.W. of Lowestoft, its post town. It is situated on the seacoast, on the north-east side of the river Waveney. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, of the value, with that of Flixton united with it, of £617, in the patronage of T. Mare, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The Wesleyan Methodists have a chapel in the village, and there is a small free school with an endowment of £10 per annum, the bequest of Gregory Clarke in 1726. There are some other charities, the value of which is about £87 a year. Blundeston House is the principal residence."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)