"BURGH, a parish in the hundred of Carlford, in the county of Suffolk, 4 miles to the N-W. of Woodbridge, its post town, which is also a station on the Great Eastern railway. Here were anciently a castle, of which some traces remain, and a preceptory of the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £247, in the patronage of M. Barnes, Esq. The tithes have been commuted for an annual rent-charge of £356 10s. The church, dedicated to St. Botolph, is a small old building, and has been recently restored. The parochial charities amount to £11 a year, the produce of the town lands."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)