"FORNHAM ALL SAINTS, a parish in the hundred of Thinghoe, county Suffolk, 2 miles N.W. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town, and railway station on the Great Eastern line. The river Lark flows through the parish, which is generally flat except towards the S., where it rises into an elevation called Fort Hill. The village is small and wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory * in the diocese of Norwich, value with that of Westley annexed, £738, in the patronage of Clare Hall, Cambridge. The church is a small structure, dedicated to All Saints. It has a brass of one of the Barwicke family dated 1599. The parochial charities produce about £30 per annum. There are remains of a Franciscan monastery called Babwell, now converted into a dwelling-house. Sir Thomas R. Gage, Bart., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)