" HOO, a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; on the river Deben, 3¾ miles WSW of Parham r. station, and 4 NW of Wickham-Market. Post town, Brandeston, under Wickham-Market. Acres, 1, 185. Real property, £1,817. Pop., 182. Houses, 25. The manor belongs to the Duke of Hamilton. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Letheringham, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £110 * Patrons, Trustees. There is a national school."
From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72).