"STUSTON, (or Sturston), a parish in the hundred of Hartismere, county Suffolk, 1½ mile S.E. of Diss railway station, and 2½ miles N. of Eye. Scole is its post town. The village is situated near the river Waveney, on the road from London to Norwich by Bury St. Edmund's. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £209. The church, dedicated to All Saints, contains a monument to John Castleton and family, and one to Mr. and Mrs. Clarke. The parochial charities produce about £1 per annum. Sir E, C. Kerrison, Bart., is lord of the manors of Boylands and Facons.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)