"ALDERMINSTER, a parish in the upper division of the hundreds of Pershore and Oswaldslow, in the county of Worcester, locally within the limits of the county of Warwick, 4 miles to the S.E. of Stratford-on-Avon. It is situated on the river Stour, and a tram railway, from Stratford to Moreton in the Marsh, passes through it. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £170, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is in the form of a cross, the nave being in the Norman style. It has a low tower."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]