"ALLESLEY, a parish in the Kirby division of the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 2 miles to the N.W. of Coventry. At Allesley Gate is a station on the London and North Western railway. The parochial charities amount to £114. Of this sum, £45 is the revenue of the free school, which was endowed in 1705, by Mrs. Flint, with land and a house for the master. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, value £749, in the patronage of the Rev. W. T. Bree, the rector. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There are traces of an old castle, which belonged to the Hastings. Allesley Park was once a seat of the Hastings family."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©(2003]