"ANSTEY, a parish in the county of the city of Coventry, in county Warwickshire, 5 miles to the N.E. of Coventry. The Trent Valley railway and the Oxford canal pass through the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester, value £162, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. A free school was founded here, in 1719, by the Rev. John Million. The rent of the schoolhouse, £2 per annum, is all that remains of the endowment. Riband weaving is carried on here. Anstey House is the chief residence.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]