"AVON DASSETT, a parish in the hundred of Kington, in the county of Warwick, 5 miles to the S.E. of Kington. Banbury is its post town. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Worcester, of the value of £366, in the patronage of the Rev. R. G. Jeston, incumbent. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]