"BARCHESTON, a parish in the Brails division of the hundred of Kington, in the county of Warwick, close to Shipston-on-Stour, its post town. It is on the east bank of the Stour, and contains the hamlet of Willington. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, of the value of £193, in the patronage of the Rev. G. D. Wheeler, incumbent. The church is dedicated to St. Martin."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]