"BARFORD, a parish in the hundred of Kington, in the county of Warwick, 3 miles to the S. of Warwick. It is pleasantly situated on the east bank of the river Avon. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, of the value of £869, in the patronage of J. Mills, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. There is an endowed free school for 60 boys and girls, founded in the latter part of the 17th century, with a yearly income of £48. The chief residence is Barford House, the seat of the Mills. It is on rising ground and has a fine view."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]