"BARSTON, a parish in the Solihull division of the hundred of Hemlingford, in the county of Warwick, 8 miles to the W. of Coventry. Knowle is its post town. The living is a perpetual curacy*, value £180, attached to the rectory of Berkeswell, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is dedicated to St. Swithin. The parochial charities amount to £8 a year. Barston Park is the principal residence."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]