"BEAUDESERT, a parish in the Henley division of the hundred of Barlichway, in the county of Warwick, contiguous to the town of Henley-in-Arden. Here is the site of a castle, founded in the reign of Henry II. by Thurstan de Montford, which was long the seat of the De Montford family, and was at length demolished during the wars of the Roses. There are now no remains of the building. A market was formerly held here, under a grant obtained from King Stephen. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, of the value of £320, in the patronage of the lord chancellor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]