"BEDWORTH, a parish and small town in the Kirby division of the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 3 miles to the S. of Nuneaton, and 5 from Coventry. It is a station on the Coventry and Nuneaton branch of the London and North-Western railway. The Coventry canal terminates in this parish, where it joins the Ashby-de-la-Zouch canal. The town, which contains a population of 5,651, is lighted with gas, the works of which were reconstructed about six years ago."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]