"BICKENHILL, (or Church Bicknell), a parish in the Solihull division of the hundred of Hemlingford, in the county of Warwick, 7½ miles to the S.E. of Birmingham, its post town. The London and North-Western railway, and the Warwick and Birmingham canal, pass through the parish. The former has a station at Hampton, about 2 miles distant from the village of Church Bicknell, and another in the hamlet of Marston Green, about 2½ miles from the church, which is situated on rising ground a quarter of a mile on the left-hand side of the coach road from Coventry to Birmingham."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]