"BIDFORD, a parish in the Stratford division of the hundred of Barlichway, in the county of Warwick, 4 miles to the S. of Alcester, its post town. It is watered by the rivers Avon and Arrow, and contains the hamlets of Barton, Broom, and Marecliff. A market was formerly held here, which has long been disused. The parish contains several quarries of blue lias. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester, value £290, in the patronage of the Rev. T. Boultbee. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]