"BISHOP'S ITCHINGTON, (or Upper and Lower Itchington), a parish in the Southam division of the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 3 miles to the S.W. of Southam. It is situated on the west side of the river Watergall, and contains the extra-parochial liberty of Chapel Ascote. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield, of the value, with the perpetual curacies of Chadshunt and Gaydon annexed, of £416, in the patronage of the Bishop of Lichfield. A church, dedicated to All Saints, formerly stood in Lower Itchington, but has long been destroyed. The present church is in Upper Itchington, and is dedicated to St. Michael. The parochial charities amount to £22 per annum.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]