"BISHOP'S TACHBROOK, a parish in the Warwick division of the hundred of Kington, partly also in the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 3 miles to the S.E. of Warwick. Leamington is its post town. It is situated on a branch of the river Avon, and contains the hamlet of Mallory Tachbrook. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £293, in the patronage of the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is dedicated to St. Chad. There is a free school, with an endowment of £40 per annum, and some other small charities."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]