"BUBBENHALL, a parish in the Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 5 miles to the S. of Coventry. Kenilworth is its post town. It is on the banks of the river Avon. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Worcester, worth £56, in the gift of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Giles. The parochial charities, including a small bequest for education, amount to £8 a year."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]