"BULKINGTON, a parish in the Kirby division of the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 4 miles to the S. of Nuneaton, its post town, and 6 from Coventry by road, or 14 by rail. It is a station on the Trent Valley branch of the London and North-Western railway. The parish includes the hamlets of Barnacle, Bramcott, Marston-Jabbett, Ryton, Weston, and Wolvershill, and is crossed by the Coventry canal. Ribbon weaving is carried on here to a considerable extent."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]