"BUTLERS MARSTON, a parish in the Kington division of the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 1½ mile S.W. of Kington. The surface is hilly, and the greater part of the land arable. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. Upon an artificial mount on the green was a large elm tree, the decayed trunk of which resembled a grotto, and could contain twelve persons. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester, value £169, in the patronage of the Dean and Canons of Christ Church, Oxford. The church, dedicated to SS. Peter and Paul, is an ancient structure, chiefly Norman. There is a village school.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]