"CHARLECOTE, a parish in the Warwick division of the hundred of Kington, in the county of Warwick, 5 miles S. of Warwick, and 4 N.E. of Stratford-on-Avon. It is situated on the E. bank of the river Avon, near the Great Western railway, which has a station at Stratford-on-Avon. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester, value £183, in the patronage of George Lucy, Esq."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]