"CHESTERTON, a parish in the hundred of Kington, in the county of Warwick, 1 mile from the Harbury railway station, and 8 S.E. of Warwick. It contains the hamlet of Kingston. The parish took its name from the Roman station Mediolanum, and near it on the Fosse Way is a Roman camp. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Worcester, value £82, in the patronage of Lord Willoughby de Broke. The church is dedicated to St. Giles. In this parish is a windmill, built in 1632 by Sir E. Peyto, and designed by Inigo Jones."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]