"CHURCHOVER, a parish in the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 4½ miles N. of Rugby station, and 4½ S.W. of Lutterworth. The village is well built and pleasantly situated on an eminence. To the E. lies Watling Street, near which is a considerable barrow. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £270, in the patronage of H. Grimes, Esq."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]