"CLAVERDON, a parish in the hundred of Barlichway, in the county of Warwick, 6 miles W. of Warwick station, and 4 E. of Henley-in- Arden. It contains the township of Langley. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester, value with the curacy of Norton-Lindsey annexed, £265, in the patronage of the archdeacon. The church, which is dedicated to St. Michael, has lately been altered. Here is a National school. In the reign of Henry VIII. certain lands were left by John Matthews for the use of the church, the rent of which in 1617 was 12 nobles, but now exceeds £100. The Birmingham and Stratford canal passes through the parish."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]