"CUBBINGTON, a parish in the Kenilworth division of-the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 5 miles N.E. of Warwick, its post town, 7 from Coventry, and 3 N. E. of Leamington station on the London and North-Western railway. It is situated to the S.E. of the river Avon. The living is a vicarage * in the diocese of Worcester, value £250, in the patronage of the Rev. M. Austis. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a handsome stone building, containing two beautiful stained-glass windows. The charities amount to £56 per annum, including £17 left for the support of a school. The Wesleyans have a chapel. There are National and infant schools. The Earl of Aylesford is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]