"EATINGTON, (or Ettington), a parish in the Kington division of the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 5 miles S.E. of Stratford-on-Avon, its post town, and 6 N. of Shipston-on-Stour. It is situated on the river Stour, and contains the hamlets of Fulreddy, Lambcote, and Thornton. There are several quarries of blue limestone. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £154, in the patronage of E. J. Shirley, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Thomas-a-Becket, stands in Lower Eatington, and was erected in 1802."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]