"ELMDON, a parish in the Solihull division of the hundred of Hemlingford, county Warwick, 5 miles S.W. of Coleshill, and 6 S.E. of Birmingham, its post town. The Hampton-in-Arden station on the London and North-Western railway is 3 miles to the W. of the village. It is situated near the Birmingham and Warwick canal, on the London and Holyhead road. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, value £230. The church is a small edifice, dedicated to St. Peter. The charities are small. Charles Alston, Esq., is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]