"FENNY COMPTON, (or COMPTON FENNY), a parish in the Burton Bassett division of the hundred of Kington, in the county of Warwick, 6 miles to the S. of Southam, its post town. It is situated under Common Hill, near the Oxford canal. The living is a rect* in the diocese of Worcester, value £417, in the gift of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The parochial charities produce £10 per annum. Sir H. B. Dudley, Bart., was born in this village.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]