"FRANKTON, a parish in the Rugby division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 4½ miles W. of Dunchurch, its post town, and 7 S.E. of Coventry. The Birdingbury station on the Leamington and Rugby branch of the London and North-Western railway is 1 mile S.E. of the village. The river Leam runs S. of the parish, which is situated about a mile from the Leamington road. On one side is Frankton Heath. The rest of the land is chiefly arable. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, value £110. The church, which is very old, is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The parochial charities, including a small school endowment, produce about £15 per annum. There is a free school. Sir T. Biddulph is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]