"GAYDON, a parish in the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 2 miles N.E. of Kington, and 7 S.W. of Southam, its post town. The Fenny Compton station on the Oxford and Leamington branch of the Great Western railway is 3 miles S.E. of the village. The soil is a strong clay on a substratum of blue limestone. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Bishop's Itchington. Here is a meet for the Warwickshire hounds. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1758. Lord Chief Justice Willis was born and buried here."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]