"GRANDBOROUGH, a parish in the Southam division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 5 miles S. of Rugby, its post town, and 6 N.E. of Southam. The London and North-Western and Midland lines of railway pass in the vicinity. The village extends along the great Holyhead road, which intersects the parish. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act, in 1765. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £185. The church is an ancient structure dedicated to St. Peter. The parochial charities produce about £6 per annum. There is a National school for boys and girls."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]