"GREAT ALNE, a parish in the hundred of Barlichway, in the county of Warwick, 2 miles to the N.E. of Alcester. It is situated on the river Alne, which, after a course of twelve miles from its source near Umberslade Park, joins the river Arrow at Alcester. The living is a curacy united with the rectory of Kinwarton, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene. There are charities amounting to £28.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]