"GREAT HARBOROUGH, (or Harborough Magna), a parish in the Kirby division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 3½ miles N.W. of Rugby, its railway station and post town. The village, which is small, is situated near the Oxford canal and Midland railway. The working population are wholly engaged in agriculture. The surface is level, and the soil chiefly a clay loam. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, value £298. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a neat structure, with a tower containing three bells. The Baptists have a chapel in the village. The parochial charities produce about £52 per annum. There is a National school for boys. Sir Thomas G. Skipworth, Bart., is lord of the manor, and principal landowner.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]