"GREAT PACKINGTON, (or Packington-Magna), a parish in the Solihull division of the hundred of Hemlingford, county Warwick, 8 miles W. by N. of Coventry, its post town, and 2 from the Hampton Junction station of the London and North-Western railway. It is situated on the river Blyth, and is wholly agricultural. There is a quarry of red sandstone. Packington Hall, the seat of the Earl of Aylesford, is situated in a park embellished with wood and water. There is no village, only a few straggling farmhouses."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]