"HALFORD, (or Halford-Bridge), a parish in the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 4 miles N. of Shipston, its post town, and 8 from the Moreton railway station. The village, which is small, is situated on the river Stour, a tributary of the Avon. It is supposed to have derived its name from the ford over the river Stour, which is here crossed by a bridge of ancient construction. It is a meet for the Warwick hounds. The old Roman Fosse Way which forms part of the road to Warwick, runs through the parish."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]